Happy New Year, Mint Fanatics! The year 2018 is about to close as we write this blog post. And we’re all looking forward to all the food and the (responsible) drinking and the gathering with friends and family that we’re all meant to be doing on New Year’s Eve.
But before we say hello to 2019, let’s look back at what 2018 has been for all of us at Asian Mint. We have only three words to describe the year 2018: fabulous, blessed, and humbling. 2018 is fabulous for all the milestones the Mint Family has hit that year. We feel blessed for all the awards and accolades we have received. And it’s humbling to know that we couldn’t have achieved all that we have achieved without the love and support of our Mint Fanatics – that’s you, all you lovely people.
EnjoyMint joins the Mint Family in 2018
Asian Mint started 2018 with a bang. And by bang, we mean the opening of its millennial daughter, the cool and fast-casual EnjoyMint.
Just like Asian Mint, EnjoyMint serves fresh, healthy, and innovative food in the New Bangkok-style Asian fusion cuisine. The only difference is that EnjoyMint is designed to cater to on-the-go students and professionals who need a quick bite and to busy families looking for healthier takeout. EnjoyMint’s quick and easy Thai bowls and protein skewers are making waves in the Richardson area, and we have high hopes for her future there.
Asian Mint landed in a lot of best lists in 2018
2018 is a year of best lists for Asian Mint. Here are some of them:
- California-based hyperlocal news outlet Hoodline named Asian Mint one of the best Thai spots in Dallas.
- The Carroll/Eltis Real Estate Group, a top player in the Dallas luxury real estate market, put Asian Mint in its 2018 top restaurant picks.
- DFWChild.com includes Asian Mint in its list of best restaurants for kids.
- Asian Mint is in TripAdvisor’s list of Best Thai Restaurants in Dallas. We also picked up a TripAdvisor 2018 Certificate of Excellence.
- Asian Mint lands in three Foursquare lists: Best places for fried rice in Dallas, Best Dallas places for veggie dumplings, and Best Asian restaurants in Dallas.
Chef Nikky is a featured chef in many 2018 Dallas events
As you Mint Fanatics know, Chef Nikky Phinyawatana is more than just our boss. She’s a fantastic woman whose passion and genius drive the engine that keeps the Mint Family running. We’re always proud to see her as a featured chef in many go-to events in and around Dallas. Here are just some of the 2018 events in which she’s a headliner:
- Dallas Arboretum’s internationally themed Food and Wine Festival
- Dallas Red Foundation’s “Red Dragon: The Forbidden City” shindig
- The Dallas Thai Culture and Food Festival
- Equest’s Boots & Salutes, honoring World War II veterans
- The 6th Chefs for Farmers’ Street Food Night Market, promoting local farmers in North Texas
Preston Hollow Advocate also published a profile of Chef Nikky. Additionally, Asian Mint was mentioned in the dining-out section of the bestseller The Gluten-Free Revolution by gluten-free diet pioneer Jax Peters Lowell.
Asian Mint supported meaningful causes in 2018
What is Asian Mint without its charitable giving? In 2018, the Mint Family put its money where its mouth and heart are by supporting a number of causes, financially and through other means. These causes include:
- Be the Difference Foundation’s Wheel to Survive campaign for ovarian cancer awareness
- Future of Hope: Dallas, a charity dinner hosted by anti-human trafficking organization Hope For The Silent Voices
- The North Texas Food Bank, for which Asian Mint ran its #PadThaiThursday campaign
In 2018, Chef Nikky became a major donor to the Texas Restaurant Association Education Foundation (TRAEF), which runs a number of culinary and restaurant management programs, including the Texas ProStart initiative. For her donation, Chef Nikky was named one of the current members of the TRAEF President’s Circle.
Asian Mint also showed its green side by joining the shift to reusable straws in all its locations and at EnjoyMint to reduce plastic waste.
Asian Mint showered with awards in 2018
Asian Mint also racked in an unbelievable number of awards and accolades in 2018, some of which are:
- TripExpert.com Experts’ Choice Award
- American Express 2018 Card Member Favorite
- The Texas Restaurant Neighbor Award
- A Women That Soar Award for Chef Nikky
And last, but certainly not the least, the Readers’ Choice Award for Best Thai Restaurant in Big D Magazine’s annual Best of Big D Readers’ Choice Poll.
2018 has been an astounding ride, and we’re sorry to see it go. But here’s to more and better things coming our way this 2019.
Happy New Year, Mint Fanatics!